Registered Nurse & Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor
Phyllis has 15 to 20 years of experience as a private practice counselor and 40 years of experience as a Registered Critical Care Nurse. Her specialties include relationship counseling to build or rebuild healthier, closer connections; handling conflict and assertiveness training that promotes balance, growth, peace and healing intra and interpersonally.
Anxiety, grief, depression management, understanding that these struggles can overlap and overwhelm you at any given moment but that there is hope in learning to manage them not allowing them to manage you. Identifying abusive patterns from others or from ourselves (differentiating guilt from shame); spirituality issues, self-esteem development; teaching stress-reduction/coping skills, as well as, how to have healthy boundaries and put on the oxygen mask of self-care.
Phyllis knows that telling your story is often complex and difficult to express. Listening, reflecting and responding accurately helps unpack them so it is very important to find the counselor who you feel is the best fit to help you achieve this. In addition, it is important to feel genuinely cared about and that you are in a ‘safe’ setting where, in time, insight leads to peace and hope.
Treatment approaches include an eclectic combination of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Transactional Analysis, Psychodynamic, Existential, Emotionally Focused; Humanistic. Every client receives a customized treatment approach based on their specific goals.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Wyoming
- Masters of Counseling (Licensure Track) from Denver Seminary
- Private pay
- EAP programs (Blomquist Hale, ComPysch)
- Scholarship assistance to qualified candidates
- Out-of-network insurance benefits per personal policy
- University of Utah Health Plan
- Regence BlueCross BlueShield
- Tall Tree insurance companies
- Single-case insurance agreements per client’s request to his or her insurance company (insurance company determines)
Please contact your insurance company to verify your specific coverage prior to beginning therapy.
You must be logged in to post a comment.