Associate Clinical Mental Health Counselor
Joshua has a bachelor’s degree in psychology and graduated from the University of Houston Clear Lake with a master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health. Joshua is licensed as an Associate Clinical Mental Health Counselor (ACMHC) in the state of Utah.
Joshua has experience working with adults, adolescents, and families. A trusting, non-judgmental, and culturally informed relationship are critical for therapeutic progress. He uses validated assessment tools and a collaborative approach for developing strategies that will enable the client to reach goals for improving mental health and wellness. Joshua believes that all individuals have the ability to discover and develop their (strength, resilience, and purpose). He is passionate in empowering his clients to develop skills, process challenges, gain knowledge, and discover answers. Joshua provides a supportive and encouraging environment while learning to manage life’s obstacles. He uses multiple theoretical approaches to ensure individual client needs are met.
Joshua has specialized training in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT), and Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TFCBT).
Clinical training and experiences include:
- Psychoeducational groups teaching CBT, DBT, Social skills, Grief & Loss, life skills, social skills, and emotion regulation
- Facilitating groups, Assessment
- Family therapy
- Working in multiple levels of care including adult behavioral hospitalization, Juvenile detention, and adolescent intensive outpatient
Areas of Focus
Individuals (adolescents & adults) dealing with:
- Trauma Focus Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Life Transitions & Adjustments
- Social & Coping Skills
- Anxiety & Depression
- Grief & Loss
- Substance Use, Addiction, & Recovery
- Anger and Aggression
- Attention, Focus, and Conduct
- Conflict & Communication Resolution
- Self-harm and Suicidal Ideation
Private pay and scholarships available.
Please contact your insurance company to verify your specific coverage prior to beginning therapy.
435-649-2260 ext. 1